Advertise Here

Miss Adventures

-The Many Wonderful Adventures Of Jodi Ann!

Years ago my mother gave me this binder that she came across during an estate sale.  She brought it home for me, because then, I was an aspiring young artist and she thought I would enjoy it.  Enjoy it I have,  I have always looked at this binder, wondering about the owner and her story.  It has been a great source of inspiration.  I recently brought out the binder and decided to try to find out a little information behind it, sadly though, the internet searches and letters to McCall's have yielded no results.
I have taken many many pictures of the items within this binder for two reasons.  One, to share with you and two, to hopefully find out a little something about these pieces.  If you have any information regarding these schools I would love to know more!  I have removed the woman's name for the privacy of her and her family.  The dates that I have found range between 1931 and 1940.  Here is what I am talking about: (you may click on any image to get a larger view)
McDowell School Booklet and Application for Registration.

















                               List of Courses: Tuition $250



 
 Sample Illustrations
 Another McDowell School Booklet
Letters From McDowell
McCall Sewing School Folder
Samples of the "Mystery Woman's" Work
One of my favorites
The back of the Illustration Boards:
Fireside Studios, Dated 1931
Quote: "There are many different ways a married woman can write her name."  
Resort Fashions :)
Isn't it amazing?  I always wondered what happened with this woman.  She was a woman in the 1930s who wanted to go to school in New York City.  She took design courses from home, as far as I can tell by the boards, some of them were stamped upon receiving.  If anyone has any information about these pieces please let me know.  Until then, I will enjoy them in wonder as I've done before :)
Stay happy, healthy and safe.
<3 Jodi Ann!












0 comments:

Post a Comment