Advertise Here

Miss Adventures

-The Many Wonderful Adventures Of Jodi Ann!

So today I was lazy, extremely lazy.  I made spaghetti from the jar for dinner and the jar was just so beautiful I couldn't throw it away.  So I cleaned it and pondered for a bit.  I thought and thought and then remembered seeing someone make a pin cushion from a glass jar.  Now this is the perfect solution for me because no matter where I hide my pin cushion Pipa finds it and carries it around the house pulling out pins as she goes.  Attaching the cushion to a heavy jar just might be the deterrent I need.  I set off to find out where I found that awesome tutorial.  Here is where I found it.  Now, I didn't have a baby food jar, I had a huge spaghetti sauce jar, but that didn't bother me, just more room to fill!

There was one problem, however, with that extra glass.  It seemed a bit plain, so as I searched frantically for a glue gun and stick, (I knew I had one somewhere!!!)  I found a stash of brand new paint brushes.  Fantastic! I'll paint something on the glass.  And then, in my trunk I found, glass etching gel and a stencil.  It was fate! So I started etching away... still unable to find a silly glue stick.
Warning! This stuff is nasty, it will burn your skin, your eyes and generally ruin anything it comes into contact with, so please use with EXTREME caution.  All you do is apply your stencil, put a thick coat of the gel over it, let it set for five minutes and rinse!
Be patient! Don't rinse too soon!
There! All etched and ready to roll!  Now that my etching was finished I was bound and determined to find a darn glue stick.  I searched the trunk one last desperate time and BEHOLD I found it!!!
Next, I cut a circle of fabric and stitched loosely around the edges.
After that I placed a ball of fiber fill in the center and pulled the thread to cinch it closed.  When that was done and secured with thread I hot glued the lid and added the cushion.  Topped it off with some ribbon and there you have it! A pin cushion jar!!!

















I think I'm going to make a few of these with different sized jars, I think an assortment will look super cute atop the new cube shelving that I am going to get for my craft area.  This project is really fun, and makes such good use out of something that would have most likely ended up in a landfill.  I'm now going to be on the lookout for items I can re-use practically.  If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!!
Until next time, stay happy, healthy and safe!
<3 Jodi Ann!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love the stencil work on the glass!!!
Missi

Post a Comment